Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Honest Scrap Award
Low and behold I received an award from Ellen...........so with that being said. Here is how this award works.
*Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award
*Share “10 Honest Things” about myself
*Present the award to 9 other bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design or to those who have encouraged me
*Be sure to tell the 9 bloggers chosen that you are giving them the Honest Scrap award and provide the guidelines for them
So now I will tell you 10 things about me:
1. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. I have lowered my standards for others over the years but I still push myself to the limit many times.
2. I love my family more than anything else on this planet. If I could wave a magic wand to give them health and good fortune......I would. If I ever win the lottery, I am making them all quit their jobs, drop out of school and we are going around the world!
3. I love to cook. I used to think I wanted to open up a Bed and Breakfast Inn or a restaurant but I don't think I want to spend that amount of time serving ANYONE but my family. Instead my hubby is trying to convince me to write a cookbook.
4. I really hate troublemakers. People who have nothing better to do but go around stirring up crap for others really piss me off.
5. I cuss way too much. Not out in public of course but at home, it slips out of my mouth all the time. My hubby shakes his head and tells me to tone it down all the time. Sigh........where would I be without that guy?
6. If I could be locked in a library for the rest of my life........that would be fine with me espcecially if Henry DeTamble could be locked in with me! (This is the character Eric Bana played in "The Time Travler's Wife")
7. While I like an educated man.......I love a Manly man. I mean, my hubby is smarter than me any given day (He says he needs to be to keep up with my mouth!) but what gets me all worked up is when he walks in our backdoor after working on the car or doing some project outside in the yard. I love a man who has calluses on his hands!! (I love having a man who has a bigger set of b@lls than I do!)
8. I worry all the time I am doing to drop the ball when it comes to our kids. I wake up night worrying about their education and how we are going to get them all through college. So far we have 2 almost done with school. They are doing great and BOTH have scholarships AND jobs so I guess so far, so good.
9. The person I love more than anyone on this planet is my Davey. He works his @ss off for this family. He has sacrificed HIS dreams so that I could fulfill MY dream of being a stay at home mom. They are making a special place in heaven for him......he truly deserves any good thing that happens to him.
10. I really enjoy the simple things in life. A good book, a HOT cup of coffee, a dandelion chain made by my one of my kids, rainy days and snuggling with my hubby on the couch, slow dancing to bluesy music, hand holding, slow-long kisses and laughing so hard my stomach hurts.
I am going to give this award to the following people: