Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend

This weekend we were blessed to have our family home and just be able to sit back and relax.

Saturday my sister arrived with 3 of my favorite people............yep, Jackson, Booker and Satchel. She and I immediately jumped in my car and ran over to Ark City to pick up a few things before coming home to color our hair and do our nails. We of course enjoyed a few adult beverages while listening to Dave Matthews Band. Good times!!

Sunday morning we all rolled out of bed and got our chores done then Dave loaded kids and dogs onto the trailer and took them for a ride down the road. He is the best.
We grilled burgers and brauts and had lots of extras. Dave sister Alice and her family showed up and had yumminess to add to the meal. We all sat around and got caught up. Then Dave, Alice, Tony and I loaded up and headed to the cemetary.

The Wellington cemetary has a great tradition in hanging a flag for every veteran that interred. I snapped a shot of the flag of Dave and Alice's dad.



Here are Dave and Alice decorating their parent's grave.



On Monday, Dave and I basically goofed off with the kids and in the evening we went to see The Hangover 2 and then went to dinner. It was the perfect ending to an awesome weekend.

No comments: