Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It seems like only yesterday......



.....that we all posed in my sister's kitchen to take this picture. My dad suffered a massive heart attack on Saturday and underwent a quadruple by-pass. He is slowly improving but as of now he is disoriented.

Hard to believe I would have any affection at all for him but over time I think I have made my peace with him and hope he is around to help me raise my children......Did I just say that? Wow! He and I must be finally growing up.

3 comments:

Til said...

Drea, This comes from a sista....
Put yesturday behind you, live for today, look forward for tomorrow. Peace in your soul my friend.

Love ya!

Tami Martin said...

Yep. Don't take tomorrow for granted. There's no time to waste on bitterness. I know you've allowed your dad to change as you've grown. My prayers are with you!

But as a side note, YOU are the skinny, pretty one in that picture!!

wendy said...

Take care of yourself and your family...make the best of each moment. Thinking of you all!