Friday, May 14, 2010

"The Bob" is 19!!

Happy Birthday Robert!!


I will confess, I am a tiny bit melancholy today. This is our 3rd child and you would think I could get over them growing up but him being this grown up is killing me. Sigh. When I think of my children, I always think of that quote from The Lord of the Rings: "What grace is given me, let it pass to him." I feel that way about all of them. I would take a bullet for them.......They know it.

If I have said it once, I have said it a dozen times. Robert.........he's the one to watch. Great things are going to happen to him. His siblings IDOLIZE him, and the funny thing is.....he doesn't even realize it.

So............Today I will hide in my heart the memory of him on my lap while I read to him Winnie the Pooh. I pray one day I will be able to do the same with one of his children.

Here is a layout I did years ago. He was the SWEETEST baby!!


2 comments:

Dee said...

I'm a little melancholy right along with you . . . it's so difficult yet so magnificent to watch them turn into adults. Great big hugs . . .

ellen s. said...

may birthdays rock!!!

happy birthday and love the lo!!!